Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Odd Thoughts and Unheard Voices: a collection of unenfettered opinions of a non-normative consumer

Often, the voice of consumers is unheard. The voice of the greater powers and the more knowledgeable persons prevails - even in the realm of where the focus is meant to be on consumers and their recovery.

I am an advocate for/with those who are identified as consumers in the mental heath system. This is a record of my 'odd' thoughts. They are my opinions and they are most commonly different in many circumstances. Odd can mean different and strange, but I like to also reference the phrase of 'odds and ends' - things that may not fit well in other places. Currently, I see this as a journal, but as time goes on, I intend on it to become a forum for other unheard voices to be heard so they can be taken to mind and heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment